Monday 22 January 2007

Absurd thoughts

Well, often I feel passionately angry about absurd H&S rules, signage and regulations. Not because I necessarily disagree with the advice, rather because of the sense that I get that I am being patronised. At the top of our slipway is this notice.
 
Clearly it makes sense, you're operating near water, possibly on a boat, probably in rough weather. Despite this obvious reality, I can't help but be irritated that I have to be treated like an idiot purely because someone else is terrified of being sued by other people who patently are idiots.

However, I still chuckle at the thought that we must wear lifejackets on the slipway yet it's fine for us to proceed to sea in storm force winds. I think that makes it 1 all?

1 comment:

Captain USpace said...

Googling ‘absurd thoughts’ I came upon this interesting bit of absurdity. Well done, good point and food for thought! The Nanny State at sea.

Btw, here is an interesting boating emergency program some friends of mine put together.
Suddenly Alone Seminars

:)
.
MERRY HOLIDAYS
we all have our special ones
drink responsibly

world economy depends
on massive celebrations

.
for the holidays
we must get together
- before the world ends

ancient feelings
days will get longer again

.
absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
outlaw most bloggers

register all writers
make them pay huge fees

.
http://haltterrorism.com/
.