Saturday 22 December 2007

Winter solstice

They say you learn something new everyday. Today is the winter solstice, I couldn't remember whether it was the 21st or 22nd of Dec and that's because it changes! Have a look on Wikipedia for more info.

Anyway today is my last day in charge of John's blog and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your comments and Christmas wishes, to thank you for your interest and support of the RNLI and Swanage Lifeboat Station and to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I seem to remember a comment on here a while back asking whether boat windscreens ever need de-icing . . . I think this might answer that question.

This is Fraserburgh Lifeboat on her mooring, perhaps our crew will realise how lucky we are to keep our boats inside out of the weather!

Over to you John . . . .

No comments: