Sunday 9 December 2007

Private

Not many people know this, but I love beach combing. In particular I enjoy collecting any sort of buoy or fishing detritus. I've just collected this particular specimen from the rocky foreshore at Peveril. It boasts the letters 'RWYC 22 Private'. I suppose if I wanted to I could track down it's owner and return it............as it turns out, I don't want to.

On another note, thanks very much to all of you who have recently (or in deed not recently) given a donation through the Justgiving link. The total has shot up over the last few days and I am enormously grateful. If you count the 'Gift Aid' contribution from the government you have now donated over £420. Fantastic. The reason I chose £1000 as a target was that this is the amount it costs to train one Lifeboatman. Wouldn't it be nice if I was self funding?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ridge Wharf Yacht Centre at Wareham were the owners , It comes off their river moorings.I have seen them when on the river.

I doubt they will miss it !!

lifeboatjohn said...

Bugger, I used to teach Anthony's son. I wont be able to look him in the eye.......I'd better return it!