Sunday 27 May 2007

WAGs

A shout can happen at any time and it is fairly typical for your pager to go off at the most inconvenient moment. We frequently have shouts in the middle of the night, we've had a shout on Christmas day and whenever there are lifeboat crew get togethers you can generally expect your pager to start beeping five minutes before you are due to arrive.
When the pagers go off it is not just the crew that are affected. Many a family day out and a romantic meal has had to be abandoned when the pager goes off. While the crew make their way to the boathouse a thought needs to be spared for those left behind to make the best of the situation. On winter nights it is those same people left behind worrying about what is happening. I think it's fair to say that without their support it would be difficult for the crew to function as well as it does.

I needed the shelter of someone's arms and there you were
I needed someone to understand my ups and downs and there you were
With sweet love and devotion deeply touching my emotion
I want to stop and thank you baby
I just want to stop and thank you baby
How sweet it is to be loved by you
How sweet it is to be loved by you
(James Taylor)

No comments: