Friday 21 September 2007

Essential Kit (Part IV)

A sense of humour. Someone once told me in my Navy days that if 'you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined'. The same certainly applies to being a crewmember on a lifeboat. No doubt much of what we do is rendered significantly more bearable by being able to see the funny side of things. The photo shows the awesomely humorous Jo in the tiller flat (the singularly most unpleasant place to be on any lifeboat) with Paul for no particular reason other than Martin thought it would be fun for her!

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fill, my share of losing
And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing
To think I did all that
And may I say, not in a shy way,
"Oh, no, oh, no, not me, I did it my way"

(Frank Sinatra)

No comments: