Saturday 31 March 2007

Why does it always rain on me?

It's holiday time. I'm a teacher you see, so every couple of weeks I get a couple of weeks off. Mostly holidays seem to begin with rain, grey skies and a cold. This one is not disappointing so far. My plan is to spend some time north of the border visiting relatives and mountain-biking. Naturally this will be the cue for a spate of shouts. I will continue to blog as often as possible. I have quite a backlog of things to talk about and photos so I will see what I can get through.

I've added a few links on the Other Links section to the right (scroll down a bit), these are links to a site which provides real time met, tide and wave data for Swanage pier.....great stuff, have a play.

Talking of weather we've had a few weeks of quite incredible weather, real beach and shorts stuff. But of course in Britain this kind of thing never lasts long. The forecast this morning was typical start of the holidays stuff:

Selsey Bill to Lyme Regis

Issued by the Met Office at 0600 UTC on Saturday 31 March 2007

24 hour forecast:

Wind - Northeast 5 or 6, occasionally 7.
Weather - Fair.
Visibility - Moderate or good, occasionally poor at first.
Sea State - Slight becoming moderate.

Outlook for the following 24 hours:

Wind - Northeasterly 5 or 6, decreasing 4 or 5.
Weather - Showers.
Visibility - Moderate or good.
Sea State - Moderate


And the nowcast? Well, just like the above but with rain thrown in for good measure. Happy holidays!

No comments: