Friday 22 August 2008

When worlds collide

Two years ago we rescued a German yacht which had been dismasted in the channel. Naturally being so far from home I guessed it would be tricky for the skipper (Dieter) to sort the boat out so I put him in touch with a boatyard, rigger and sailmaker who would help him put her back together again.

Dieter has since kept in touch and has sailed his boat to Northern Spain. Once again my local contacts proved useful to him (my father lives in that neck of the woods). I've just heard from Dieter once more and found that he has met my father this summer and they have been out for Tapas together. What a small world!

John,

this year it was possible for us to sail from La Coruna where SWABEDOO stayed over the winter to Vigo. In Baiona we met your father and we passed a very nice evening. He told me that you have his email adress, and it would be fine, if you could send it to me. So I can inform him when I will stay again in this beautiful corner of spain.
Hope that everything is okay in swanage
and thank you again that I could meet your father.

Dieter


(If you are wondering...my father is the gnome-like creature in the middle)!

No comments: