Saturday 14 July 2007

We're all going on a............

Summer holiday as it happens. In a mere 6 days the summer holidays will begin. My plans involve two short trips away, one to Sweden with my wife's family and one to Yorkshire to see mine. As ever a guest blogger will step into my boots and keep this space filled with excitement as ever!Meanwhile, my pals Mark and Heather (fellow teachers) have a summers worth of kayaking plans ahead of them.Heather flies off to Canada to paddle the Ottawa with a group of girlfriends. Mark on the other hand is staying close by but has ambitions to paddle the entire South-Wet peninsula. With a commission for a guidebook to fulfill he has little choice..........poor bugger! Naturally I am intensely jealous of them both but enjoyed hearing of their plans whilst paddling our local stretch last night.Safe journeying both of you.

3 comments:

Mart said...

"Mark on the other hand is staying close by but has ambitions to paddle the entire South-Wet peninsula"


Is that as opposed to the South-Dry peninsula? One can't help but wonder how you would paddle that!!

WJS said...

oioi, Yorkshire!

where abouts do you hail from?

I'm a Leeds lad.

lifeboatjohn said...

Runswick Bay (brought up) but actually born in Hexham.......I still consider myself a Yorkshire lad though.

John