Thursday 12 July 2007

The funny thing is

A few weeks back an over-zealous bystander called the Coastguard and before you know it we were in Kimmeridge attempting to rescue several fishermen who really didn't need rescuing at all. Suddenly yesterday this blog began to get a lot of hits from an angling internet forum. It turns out that one of the fellows who didn't need rescuing, was busily engaged on this forum in a discussion about how to prevent over anxious members of the public calling out the lifeboat for you when you are actually fine! Now I fully understand this as it is a concern that I have when I go to sea in my kayak. Needless to say, said chap is very good humoured and has taken the whole thing very well, good on him..........

It reminded me that some weeks further back this blog also got suddenly very popular with members of the border terrier internet forum fraternity! I wonder how many of them still read it? It's a funny little internet world we inhabit isn't it??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is that for a coincidence? I only just this moment linked to the kayak fishing forum on my own blog ...

http://southwestseakayaking.co.uk/2007/07/12/take-me-to-your-leader/

Mark R

lifeboatjohn said...

It's great isn't it........such a small and bizarely interlinked world we live in!