Wednesday 15 October 2008

Younger brother

Inexplicably I arrived home this evening to find the latest Land Rover Defender brochure waiting for me on the doormat. Naturally, as a poor teacher, I find myself in no position to buy one of these things (my own Landy will be 33 this year) however, I couldn't resist a quick browse.

And I have to say, the overall quality of the presentation was excellent, but best of all was this shot on page 10. It shows a Defender 110 in the process of launching not just any ILB but the younger brother of our boat the 'Jack Cleare' (D-613).

Now I suspect that the photo is purely a publicity shot and D-614 isn't an actual lifeboat on station but rather a relief lifeboat. Indeed, the Land Rover shown isn't an RNLI one...it is missing the white roof, blue lights in the grill, steel wheels and of course all of the stickering. As ever,I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong in this web of assumptions.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you guys usually trailer stern first and launch bow first too????
hmmm...
great shot though....nice advert....

Anonymous said...

The D Class is Trearddur Bay Lifeboat. Landrover did some filming last year with featuring them (with the Defender) and the RAF SAR Helicopter-http://www.landrover.co.uk/gb/en/vehicles/defender/photo-gallery-and-media/videos.htm
Its towards the end of the film and may take some time to load!!