Monday 4 June 2007

Remind me.........

Next time I say that I am going sailing please stop me, in whatever way you see fit!

Last week I was away, as you may know, delivering my fathers recently purchased yacht to Northern Spain. The forecast was poor but not 'show stoppingly' poor. They said South Westerly 5-7 in the Bay of Biscay and Fitzroy sea areas. As it turned out we had no force 5's, 6's or 7's, mostly 8's and 9's!!!!! It was miserable to say the least.........thankfully it all worked out well in the end and here I am, back in the yoke feeling slightly wiser for the experience.

Of course there were some really good bits too. Somehow when one spends 4 days expecting each moment to be your last, life afterwards seems all the more sweet, meaningful and sharply focused. As a crew we worked well together: My father stoical as ever and utterly unflappable. Kev full of humour and taking all the hard, most boring watches without complaint. And me, well, just along for the ride really!

And so back to reality...........Thanks to Jo for her fabulous (if slightly embarrassing) posts in my absence. I've really enjoyed reading them and I think, from all the comments, that they have been very well received. I have news on the lifeboat front so watch this space and I will update things as soon as possible.

Get back, get back.
Get back to where you once belonged
Get back, get back.
Get back to where you once belonged.
Get back Jojo. Go home
Get back, get back.
Back to where you once belonged
Get back, get back.
Back to where you once belonged.
Get back Jo.

(Beatles)

1 comment:

Mart said...

Welcome back John, glad you made it in one piece (albeit a shaken piece!)