Tuesday 5 May 2009

Tweet Tweet

Love it or loath it, Twitter is here to stay. What remains to be seen is exactly how people incorporate it into their online lives.

As a matter of fact, I love it and recently used it to good effect during a school sailing expedition which I ran during the Easter holidays. However, for some reason I recently seem to have had no end of problems with mobile twittering and either my phone won't remain registered, or it suddenly stops allowing me to upload, or I get 50 random texts from Twitter in a day. As you can imagine this has become somewhat frustrating though I'm guessing that this is just a result of their infrastructure failing to keep up with a demand for their services which is growing exponentially.

Anyway, the point of telling you this was two fold: Firstly I wanted to let you know that I fully intend to use Twitter again this summer when it is more stable, my plan is to try and maintain some sort of commentary on events as and when shouts unfold. However, if you can't wait that long, Dave has begun using Twitter as an add on to the official station website. Click here and register to follow the updates.

No comments: