Sunday 3 May 2009

Shorthanded

Yesterday our pagers went off at about 11am. As is often the way on a Saturday morning I was at home on my own with the kids. However, I generally drop things and head down to the boathouse with the wee ones just to see what's happening. As it turned out yesterday the shout was cancelled just as I pulled in to the boatpark. It turns out I wasn't alone, Matt was also looking after his nipper, Jack, and came down to see what was going on. And it's a good job we did too because if both boats had had to launch they would have been very shorthanded. It makes me think, perhaps we need a childminder on the crew who can come and look after the lifeboat nippers when we get a shout!

The Dorset Muesli campaign seems to be going well. If you haven't voted yet there's still plenty of time...

No comments: