Saturday 5 January 2008

Adventurous living

Being an adventurous sort of a person, I have ambitions to wear more rubber this year. I also plan to wear more lycra. Being the season for making oneself daft promises I've decided to take part in the Swanage Triathlon in August. Now I'm a competent runner and we can all cycle (can't we?) However, I swim like a brick! Should be fun.

On a related note. I'll be doing this to raise money for the lifeboats. Watch this space for further details. Also, I have a shortage of the necessary equipment. So if you have any spare Triathlon kit lying around (or would like to sponsor kit!) that you are willing to donate to the cause it would be gratefully accepted. I'm large (6ft, 34inch waist) and specifically need: a triathlon wetsuit, goggles, a triathlon race suit, size 11 cycling shoes, bike helmet and tri-bars for a racing bike. Worth a try!

We are exercising tomorrow so be sure to visit for the first sight of the Robert Charles Brown at sea in 2008.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd pay good money NOT to see you in lycra.

Mark R

lifeboatjohn said...

I don't blame you..........and I'll hold you to that!

jg

Anonymous said...

34" waist . . that's funny!

Unknown said...

Sadly I have nothing to offer you expect praise on doing something like this. Best of luck with it.

Regards,
Nick
http://nickhough.blogspot.com