Wednesday 29 August 2007

Sitting on the dock of the bay

No lifeboat crewmember likes missing a shout. I hate it, even the mundane and run of the mill shouts. However, htere are the odd occasions when you simply have to say no. Sunday was one of those days. It was my eldest daughter's 5th birthday and my pager went off just 20 minutes prior to the party starting! Of course I went down to the boathouse but with the intention of stepping down provided there were sufficient crew there. Fortunately there were so I stepped aside and let someone else take my place. I guess there is a certain amount of pleasure to be had from someone else getting a shout.........

As luck would have it, it was such an unforgetable shout that I have completely forgotten what it was. Have a look at the station website if you are interested.

Look like nothing's gonna change
Everything still remains the same
I can't do what ten people tell me to do
So I guess I'll remain the same

Sitting on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
I'm just sitting on the dock of the bay
Wasting time

(Otis Redding)

No comments: