Tuesday 22 September 2009

Sometimes

shouts come out of the blue and fall through the gaps. Yesterday afternoon the ILB was about to launch on exercise when a member of the public asked them to investigate a friends boat which was overdue and they thought might have broken down. Tom, Oli and Ty quickly launched, located the boat and recovered it to the council slipway in textbook fashion. Hardly expected at this time of year and on Monday afternoon to boot.

And of course I knew nothing about it until I got the latest launch bulletin this morning in my inbox! Each Monday I turn my pager off as I leave for work. This is because our new ones keep ringing until they are turned off, unlike the old ones which used to time out after a set period of time. So of course, when I get home and turn it on, any messages which have been sent in the interim will have been lost to the ether.

Anyway, for what it is worth, well done lads.

No comments: